Saturday, February 18, 2006

Arrival in New Orleans.... in time for Mardi Gras

February 18:

We arrived in New Orleans on the 17th of February, just in time for the first of the Mardi Gras parades. Unfortunately, we got up too late to actually see the parade. Maybe tomorrow. I think there are three more on Sunday and plenty more throughout the week.

The ride through Texas was excruciatingly long and boring. It was a relief to approach Shreveport and finally see some trees and water. We did manage to avoid the ice storm that passed through Texas yesterday. We were exhausted and starved by the time we checked in on Friday night at the New Orleans Embassy Suites, where I can be reached for the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

aliyah06 said...

Yaaay!! You're up and blogging! great photos. You know what FEMA stands for, right? "Fix Everything, My Ass" -- courtesy of my colleague Melissa whose entire family was hit by Katrina in Louisiana.

I have to use my blogger name to post here according to the site rules, but you know its me, right? The Madwoman of Marin, EPR 6/2/06 ((-: