Friday, September 08, 2006

Grandma duty

I am in Boston with the Grandbaby Esther, whom I am now calling the Contessa (Princess being far too overused) but will return to SF on Tues 9/12. Pix tomorrow or so. (Yeah yeah, I know I take too long to upload the pix.... I need my own website!)

Got several E-mails and calls on 8/29, the anniversary of Katrina, and we all agreed on two things (a) those who weren't there and didn't see it can't relate; and (b) none of us ever cried while we were deployed but were crying on the phone together a year later. So, we either all have PTSD (Wendy says "ya think???") or as my very sensitive teenage son said to me, you guys all need your meds adjusted!
This little girl in the supply tent in Pearlington still captures my heart.













In any event, I was disappointed that Ernesto took a turn to the East, because there was a chance I would be going back to Mississippi. And whoever knows where to get that T-Shirt "I (heart graphic) Mississippi, I need to get one still.


Barbara Hall has on the shirt I want in this photo taken 10/6/2005 at the check disbursement center in Gulfport.










Wendy and I need a horse. Nathaniel Dawsey, one of the Pearlington boys, lost two horses in Katrina, and, after a year long search of all the animal rescue agencies, no one can find his horses. So Wendy and I are looking for a horse ( or donations to buy one). Since I know nothing about horses, some advice might be good too. But no jokes about "bleep you and the horse you rode in on...." I know you were thinking that Wendy when we talked about riding horses into Pearlington to give to the boys. I never saw Nathanial laugh while we were there.




This is Kizer Dawsey. He never smiled much either.




















The Bellos finally have a church group that is going to build them a house. Wendy and I are going down to Pearlington to pound a few nails into that thing ourselves. Certainly no one is more deserving than Claude and Cookie.

That's it for today.

No comments: